Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:43 pm Post subject: General Dragon Information (2003)
This will most likely be the hardest or easiest section to make depending on my mood. There are so many different types of dragons to list that this page will always be a growing project, I expect this whole section will someday have many pages and I hope it does as you read about dragons here I too will be learning from this- I still can not believe I know so little about the creatures I love so much.
A dragon... What is a dragon? Having researched the history of dragons I have found that they can have many different appearances depending on your location in the world. But for the most part the two most popular forms are the Western Dragon and the Eastern Dragon.
The Western dragon was the basic winged dragon that was often sighted in England it was often described as a large reptile with the head of a crocodile wings of a bat and tail of a snake this dragon walked on four legs and was said to breath fire. They were often side to be evil and were hunted by knights.
· Western dragons had four legs and a set of wings they were said to breath fire.
· Western dragons were said to be evil and were supposedly hunted as a result.
· Western dragons were sometimes used as crests for royalty.
· Western dragons were historically known for thousands of years.
The eastern dragon was often depicted as a flying serpent it had no wings and was said to be able to float through the air by use of two magic extrusions on there head. These dragons were the opposite of the western dragons these dragons were often depicted as wise creatures with power over the elements.
· Eastern dragons had serpent like bodies and were capable of flight without the aid of wings.
· Eastern dragons were said to be wise powerful creatures with power over the elements.
· Eastern dragon designs were also used on royal garment.
· Eastern dragons were often mentioned in Eastern mythology and their history
· The Asians also had medical uses for the dragons body parts
The basilisks where small lizards (2 foot) which were somehow related to dragons, they had three horns on their head similar to a crown, it could cause great damage with a mere glance of it's eyes. It's breath and Saliva were also venomous the basilisk could only be defeated by three things, a weasel, a rooster or a plant called Rue.
The Basilisk was a small lizard with three horns similar to a crown and was very venomous.
The Basilisks sweat was poisonous, Probably had venomous skin similar to poison frogs.
The word Basilisk meant "little King" in the Greek Language.
The Basilisk would destroy all the land that it pasted by.
The Cockatrice was a small dragon-like monster about the same size as a basilisk, It had birdlike legs and the coiling tail of a serpent, Although it had a reptilian body it's head and wings were feathered and it had the head of a rooster.
Much like the Basilisk this creatures gaze was deadly.
The gaze of a cockatrice can kill others of it's kind.
A Cockatrice can be killed by it's own reflection.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum