· Dracopedia List A-Z
    · Jafira's Draconity Guide
    · Basic Dragon Info.
    · Contact Jafira

Social Media

Spiritual Resources

Jafira Lair-Digital Journal and Dragon Resource: Catagories and Content

Jafira's Lair :: View topic - DragonKin: A Healthy Skepticism:

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
     ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DragonKin: A Healthy Skepticism:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jafira's Lair Forum Index -> Otherkin and Draconity Guide
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Jafira
    Reclusive Lizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: DragonKin: A Healthy Skepticism: Reply with quote

DragonKin: A Healthy Skepticism:

I am a bad influence on others, as a flowers and sunshine hippy with a very liberal view of spirituality and others self perceptions, I do not really call for logic or rationality, I am a spiritual perception enabler, self proclaimed king of the fluffers, (The Dragon Pope! "Rawr!" ^,=,^ ) thus, I encourage spirituality and magic be it real or simply self generated perceptions, I can be dangerous like that.

I said all that partly to be cute, but also to remind or alert you the reader, that I lean more towards spirituality and that anything is possible etc and that I am an enabler of perceptions be they real or false. I say such so that you can be aware of my own preconceived biases and know there are alternatives, that it is safe and sometimes important to be skeptical at times.

For the most part, you know whats best for you and your life, I don't wish too get heavily involved, to each their own. However, If you never did seem to have any memories or strong associations, or you just had a few subjective experiences but never came to anything conclusive or if you are considering yourself overburdened and stressed by possible perceived or subjective experiences while lacking any rational evidence It can tend to become quite the burden.

From an outside perspective a lot of draconity can be considered questionable at best, any outside observer who may hear of such things as "otherkin" would obviously be skeptical so its only natural that you the experiencer would be skeptical yourself.

But, it is in these times of questioning that separate the kin from those who simply perceive differently. there is nothing wrong with a healthy skepticism and questioning of ones understanding of self, its what prevents delusion. It is better to have lived a fantasy and discovered truth, then to have remained in a fantasy and never lived this life. In as such, for this text, things are different then my usual spew. Typically, I mentor newbies whom have stumbled upon my site, kids trying to figure themselves out, and typically, I tend to say to otherkin who are questioning, "stay the course, the truth will make itself known in time." But lately I have come to learn that many are mature enough to handle otherwise.

So for yourself, listen. You may have had a long run with your beliefs, or just encountered them, you may have experienced friendships inside and outside of such beliefs that others in society could never know of, you may have encountered unique and exciting philosophies and the friends and experiences you probably have made will last a lifetime.

But in the end, otherkinism is an improvable subjective perception based on sensations and emotion, it creates a unique and enticing reality, but in the long run, it can be a distraction from this life, a life in a rough and unstable world that must be lived to the fullest.

That said, I say, if being otherkin is stressing you out or screwing things up, lay it to rest for a time, stay the course of humanity, the course that you are on, relieve yourself of the trials and dramas of the spirituality and simply relish in the sensations and memories of the past when desires demand. Carry on the associations and friendships made, but move on with life as it is and see where it goes. If things are meant to be otherwise for you, your spirit, the higher self, whatever, by its very nature will make it known in the future.

If nothing else, its just good to distance yourself from spirituality and look at things from an external lens for awhile. Many older otherkin have left their spirituality at one point, it was real, and came back to them years later. Many would agree that a skeptical break is healthy, it sets life in perspective. If you are a dragon or whatever, taking a break won't change that, but sometimes life needs your attention in the present, not the past. Reality needs your focus in the now, not on what might have been.

So yeah, its healthy to doubt, its healthy to take a break sometimes. Just remember to always remain true to yourself, and if you do such, everything will be as it is meant to be. If you should find in time that you were wrong, it is not the end, you can at least say that you have been through a lot and experienced a different take on things that most others would never have known, its a unique knowledge if nothing else. Regardless of outcome remember to always be true to your spirit!
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jafira's Lair Forum Index -> Otherkin and Draconity Guide All times are GMT + 10 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: