· Names of Dragons
    · Dracopedia List A-Z
    · Jafira's Draconity Guide
    · Basic Dragon Info.
    · Contact Jafira

Social Media

Spiritual Resources

Jafira Lair-Digital Journal and Dragon Resource: Catagories and Content

Jafira's Lair :: View topic - So I happen to have some spirit guides or head mates?:

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
     ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So I happen to have some spirit guides or head mates?:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jafira's Lair Forum Index -> Otherkin and Draconity Guide
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Jafira
    Reclusive Lizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: So I happen to have some spirit guides or head mates?: Reply with quote

Sometimes, some otherkin will be visited by sentient consciousnesses during the course of their early awakenings, not always, but it happens for some, either through personal effort to call such entities forth, or by random chance. Often times, these guides or head mates will communicate as separate sentient minds within ones conscious thoughts, as well, imaginary imagery of them may be accompanied outside ones body. Overall they are similar to imaginary friends, only vastly more useful and seem to exist typically for support and companionship.

Although I had some myself, I inevitably discovered they were imaginary projections of aspects of my own personality, I loved them at the time of their existence so am somewhat protective of the concept but I must stress that personal and introspective honesty must be kept a priority in ones path. In all things seek balance and truth, if you have head mates, question them often.

The source of head mates or guides is subjective and open to speculation, perhaps they are external spirits called to you through a personal effort, perhaps they are self created sentient entities of your own spirit such as servitors or tulpas created of your own will for support or companionship. Perhaps, worse case scenario they are our own inane imagination and delusions, though I assure you, ask your guides and they'll deny up and down they're delusions, fun how that works.

Regardless, of origins, be they temporary external manifestations of your own spirit, or be they free roaming entities come to assist you, it does not matter. Source and origin are less relevant, then rather their purpose. Try to acknowledge their purpose and adapt your understandings around that, if they are negative entities get rid of them, else wise if they are helpful, accept them as cherished friends and work and learn from them as long as they remain.

From what I have observed and experienced with so called head mates, regardless of whether they originated from your own spirit and energies or as outside entities, inevitably in time they will move on, those who originated from your own spirit will in time after their purpose is fulfilled, return to your spirit and merge as one whole again, those entities called to assist you from external origin, likewise will in time move on as well.

So if you are lucky enough to obtain some friendly head mates or allies in your early awakenings, cherish them and treat them well so long as they remain, question them and yourself as necessary and never forget what they have to teach you.

For the record, there is obviously a psychological alternative to the spirit/servitor/tulpa explanations, in the form of dissociative disorders, which I advise you to also look into alongside the obvious possibility of an overactive imagination in your quest to maintain an open mind and see all angles. Remember, in all things question and know yourself.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jafira's Lair Forum Index -> Otherkin and Draconity Guide All times are GMT + 10 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: