· Names of Dragons
    · Dracopedia List A-Z
    · Jafira's Draconity Guide
    · Basic Dragon Info.
    · Contact Jafira

Social Media

Spiritual Resources

Jafira Lair-Digital Journal and Dragon Resource: Catagories and Content

Jafira's Lair :: View topic - How can I reconcile this aspect of myself with who I am?

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
     ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I reconcile this aspect of myself with who I am?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jafira's Lair Forum Index -> Otherkin and Draconity Guide
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Jafira
    Reclusive Lizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: How can I reconcile this aspect of myself with who I am? Reply with quote

How can I reconcile this new aspect of myself with who I am?

I am certain the way I wrote the question or topic above was in the form of a grammatical catastrophe, (much like many of my writings) nevertheless, what I meant to write was. "Well hell, here I thought I was normal, and now I come to find out I once existed as a (fill in the blank), what do I do from here?" Meh, that's probably not written much better.

Short answer, you do what you have always done, It seems that a lot of newly awaken kin suddenly undergo this immense personality shift to identify as much as possible with the form or entity in question all the while shirking that which they enjoyed no less then a month or week before. You don't need to go crazy trying to identify with said form or do anything crazy unless you want to, it doesn't help or hurt. It can of course make you feel better or more emotionally or spiritually connected, but too much focus and attention to a single aspect of who you are can do more harm then good in the long run.

So really, just stay who you are and do the things you have always loved, and integrate kin specific things of your choice, strive to relate with that which you perceived you once were, while not forgetting who and what you are now. Its just another aspect of who you are, an awesome and probably life changing aspect, but still, just one of many slices of the greater pie that is you.

You should strive to find a balance within yourself, not too far into the spirituality to damage your social life or responsibilities, but also, not so far into your present life and responsibilities that you fall into bland mendacity and neglect your spiritual or otherkin side. Balance is the key, too far to the left or right will bring only pain, remain centered.

A bit of advice for dealing with the struggle of who and what you were, versus who you are now and how you can live your life while not neglecting the truth of your past and spirit. Remember, that in nature you are always free, and through meditation and the silence and sanctity of your mind, you are free to imagine, experience and believe whatever you wish. Know that in the imagery and artistic expression of your kintype you can find relation and comfort, through video games, role-play, writing, and drawing you can express that which you feel about that which you once were.

As well, through the use of the Internet you have several websites and large communities of otherkin who can relate and listen to your thoughts, you are not alone. There are many ways to identify or cope with your otherkinsm if you only look for them, the support, writings, and options are all out there if you only look closely.

As for the differences between lifetimes, forms, personalities, possibly gender, and so forth, they can only be resolved by you, its your spirit, your past, your present, but help and advice is there. Just remember, whatever or whoever you perceive you were in a different reality, no matter what you feel you did, or failed to do, you are human now, and have this life to live and focus on. You can only dwell on a lost existence for so long.

Above all else, remember, regardless of what or who you perceive you once were, you are human now, and will remain such for the foreseeable future. There is a time and a place for all things, remember at all times to remain in balance. Also, obviously don't go crazy with the idea that you have awakened as otherkin and are somehow superior or different, as well, do not ignore that you are otherkin or unique, or focus so heavily on the tasks and distractions of this world to lose respect for, or hope of, the emotional and spiritual connections that awakening as an otherkin can bring.

Remember, in all things find balance.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jafira's Lair Forum Index -> Otherkin and Draconity Guide All times are GMT + 10 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: