· Dracopedia List A-Z
    · Jafira's Draconity Guide
    · Basic Dragon Info.
    · Contact Jafira

Social Media

Spiritual Resources

Jafira Lair-Digital Journal and Dragon Resource: Catagories and Content

Jafira's Lair :: View topic - Traits that I have noted regarding otherkin:

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
     ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traits that I have noted regarding otherkin:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jafira's Lair Forum Index -> Otherkin and Draconity Guide
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Jafira
    Reclusive Lizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Traits that I have noted regarding otherkin: Reply with quote

Traits that I have noted regarding otherkin:

Over the years I have spoken with quite a few otherkin, I am no expert by any means, I am a shy person and do not interact with the vast majority, however of those self proclaimed otherkin that I have spoken to, I have noticed most tended to have a few common traits.

Most of them awakened in their mid to late teens, most had some evidence or suspicions throughout their life but could not pin down the cause or reasoning of their suspicions until something triggered the idea and the dots were connected. Most otherkin that I have known have also been deeply philosophical, involved in metaphysics or are generally open minded and spiritual in nature.

As well, most self proclaimed otherkin that I have known or spoken to over the years have expressed a longing for their prior forms or lives, most of them strive to identify with such through creative works and artistic expressions, alongside collecting representations of their kintype. Most of them expressing a deep longing to return to their perceived homelands as well I have also noted that a few tend to have spiritual companions or guides throughout their early awakenings, be they truly spiritual entities, or multiple dissociative personalities, they commonly tended to help immensely in a variety of ways and provided deep and compassionate companionship to the individuals in question.

From my experiences I have noted that some otherkin tend to have phantom limb syndrome during segments of their awakenings, be it placebo, psychological, or truly spiritual, it appears to be normal and accepting such when it occurs tends to bring a greater emotional and spiritual connection to the subjects kintype.

As well, most otherkin I have known appear to dream of returning to their old lives or forms, but know and accept that they are here as humans and can differentiate between their beliefs and real life responsibilities in a mature fashion allowing for typical and normal lifestyles when off the anonymity of the Internet.

However, a select few otherkin, in their early awakenings may try to experiment or seek possible methods to somehow physically shift back to their old forms, or return to their old perceived lives only to meet with the obvious expected failure and embarrassment when it does not work. (I was such a person) these otherkin I would hope, quickly mature past that phase when they realize the truth, that such ideas are illogical and a form of escapism.

I have also noted that some otherkin, after closer inspection of their beliefs or understandings of themselves may realize in the end, that they had lied to themselves, whether it be their perceived memories or it be their understandings of perceived forms or life. As well, sometimes they may renounce the entire concept of being otherkin in general.

As stated above, sometimes people realize that they were wrong or misunderstood their feelings or had false assumptions. It is okay to be wrong, but it is better to learn earlier then later, thus my constant and repetitive insistence to always question yourself and what you understand or believe to be reality, always be honest with yourself.

Other then that, most otherkin I have known just hang out with others of their kind or with people of similar beliefs on the Internet, often they go by a spiritual or false name, and are wise enough to avoid drama offline regarding their beliefs, relying on sharing their otherkin perceptions only with follow believers or close friends. They do this not because of a cult mentality, but rather out of a need for social preservation due to the severe social and religious disdain for beliefs so obscure or controversial.

Lastly, as stated in other writings in these categories, many of the individuals I have met claiming to be otherkin at times may feel like they are wearing a mask or not being honest with themselves when they go about their mundane or typical daily routines, and wish or desire that they could relate more with their kintype at times. To vent such, as mentioned repetitively in other writings, they network with others of similar beliefs, seek others with similar or open minded beliefs near their area or within their schools, get out to nature often, role-play, write, relax, meditate or generally spend time within their imagination.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jafira's Lair Forum Index -> Otherkin and Draconity Guide All times are GMT + 10 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: