· Dracopedia List A-Z
    · Jafira's Draconity Guide
    · Basic Dragon Info.
    · Contact Jafira

Social Media

Spiritual Resources

Jafira Lair-Digital Journal and Dragon Resource: Catagories and Content

Jafira's Lair :: View topic - Draconity, and the superiority complex

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
     ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Draconity, and the superiority complex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jafira's Lair Forum Index -> Otherkin and Draconity Guide
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Jafira
    Reclusive Lizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Draconity, and the superiority complex Reply with quote

Draconity, and the superiority complex, king of dragons, dragon god, etcetera, truth or ego?

It is a common trait of some newly awakened otherkin, that they will often portray great arrogance in their claim to otherkinism, tending to assume that, as they were a dragon, or other non-human being, that they are somehow superior, conveniently forgetting that presently they exist in the form of a human now and are no longer as epic or great as they claim they once were.

I for example may claim that I being a dragon in human incarnation am superior, with great magic and powers, and that I should be treated as though I were still in that form or at whatever rank or position I had existed as in a prior incarnation. I can claim that I am a dragon, and that by these writings have proven myself a spiritual leader here to lead my people as their "Dragon Pope" (my new official title!) but that does not make it true. I am neither a dragon lord in human form, nor the Dragon Pope, I am just some dude with a computer.

My past has no bearing on who I am today, it frankly cannot even be proven, it relies on faith and my own perceptions. Otherkin or not, I am no different from others, it is my actions and choices that shape who and what I am, and not a belief that I am important because I was something special or unique.

As well, it is a common trait, that most newly awakened otherkin tend to take claim to quite heroic or adventurous lives, being related to royalty or having saved their world, if not proclaiming themselves a god incarnate, I myself am not exempt, in my early stages of awakening, I had falsely assumed that I was the savior of a race of peoples and died fending off an invading army, where in truth after an honest look at what I believe to be the memories and remnants of that life, as best as can be perceived by my available evidence, I was actually just a feral dragon, who happened to be murdered quite helplessly after being ambushed in my sleep.

In looking closely at what I truly knew versus what I felt and assumed to be true, I learned or admitted that I was not a sentient dragon capable of telepathy and fighting wars as I originally believed and portrayed myself as, but rather I learned they were falsehoods that I had added or assumed based off fantasy and stereotypes, as well as a belief that such a form would be sentient like a human rather then a mere animal, but in the end I learned I was really a boring nomadic wild animal after all. Quite a smack to the epic expectations of my ego, but it was truth nonetheless.

What I am getting at here is simple. Do not accept your otherkinism in a way that sets you apart from others in an arrogant manner, you are unique in your beliefs and experiences and that makes you special, but still, it is your actions and choices in this life that matter now, not what happened in the past, and in regards to spirit what you believe today may not be the same tomorrow, and arrogance and assumptions may come back to bite you, move slowly in your beliefs and growth.

As for having been an important figure in a prior existence, perhaps you were, or perhaps it is simply your human ego telling you that you were, the only way to know for sure is to be honest with yourself, and not be afraid to accept the fact that possibly you were less then what you first came to believe. Either way, only you can discover the truth of your own soul. Always be honest with yourself, and try not to be a prideful arrogant bastard about your spirituality, you don't make friends that way, know yourself and your own truths
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jafira's Lair Forum Index -> Otherkin and Draconity Guide All times are GMT + 10 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: